Sunday 26 July 2015

About Gordon Bickerstaff

I was born and raised in Glasgow but spent my student years in Edinburgh. On summer vacations, I learned plumbing, garden maintenance, and I cut the grass in the Meadows. I also learned some biochemistry and taught it for a while before I retired to write fiction.

I do some aspects of DIY moderately well and other aspects not so well. I live with my wife in Scotland, where corrupt academics, mystery, murder and intrigue exists mostly in my mind. I enjoy walking in the hills, 60s & 70s music, reading and travel.

I have been writing fiction since I retired in 2011. Until then, I had been writing academic and teaching material and there are a couple of academic books bearing my name. Retirement has allowed me time to do more of what I’ve wanted to do since I was a child – write stories for entertainment.

I published my first novel, Deadly Secrets, with Endeavour Press in 2013. followed by Everything To Lose in 2014. At the beginning of 2015 I decided to leave Endeavour Press and publish myself as an indie. 


Then in 2015 I published The Black Fox. To celebrate going indie I had my first two books completely re-edited and refreshed.

My fourth book in the series, Toxic Minds, was published in 2016. The fifth book, Tabula Rasa (clean slate) was published in May 2017.


A FREE sample of each book is available to download.

2 comments: